Louisenthal’s SmartMesh® is a transparent metal mesh film for printed electronics, offering conductivity along with transparency – and we’re able to manufacture it on an industrial scale. With our R2R SmartMesh® technology, we deposit an extremely fine network (around 1-2µm wide) of metallic conductive paths onto a flexible, transparent foil.
SmartMesh is also resilient. It can easily withstand 100,000 bending cycles while maintaining the highest levels of conductivity. The network on the foil is invisible to the naked eye and is transparent with no moiré pattern. That means you could combine it with other applications such as ambient lighting – and win a competitive edge with an eye-catching design element in your car interior or other product.
And those aren’t the only benefits. You get cost-effective, high-precision manufacturing too. That’s because we have very large-scale R2R machines at Louisenthal – and because we don’t need to use expensive components like silver ink or carbon nano tubes (CNT).
Advantages of SmartMesh® surface heating in electrically driven cars
Here are just a few of the benefits of SmartMesh® for automotive interior heating solutions:
- It has a sheet resistance << 10 Ω/□ to allow for high heating power with available on-board voltages
- It can be installed right underneath the topmost layer of the interior part while remaining imperceptible to the eye as well as to touch
- Its transparency allows combination with other ambient lighting or LED applications underneath
- We can produce customised layouts consisting of transparent SmartMesh®, fully metallised bus bar connections and non-metallised isolating areas
- You have a choice of foils, including PET and PC
- Range of foil widths up to 1,000mm
The fact that SmartMesh® foils can be laminated between sheets of glass, or implemented in transparent plastic parts by back injection moulding, opens up tremendous application opportunities. In the automotive sector, these include defrosting headlights and windscreens as well as heating windows in caravans and commercial vehicles.
Want to know what SmartMesh can do for your application? Feel free to get in touch!