Assimilating appealing images and security features on a small banknote used to be a challenge for any designer. But not any longer. With varifeye ColourChange Patch technology, Louisenthal has devised a highly innovative and attractive solution. In direct light, the main motif shimmers in sophisticated gold, while in translucent light the LaserCut™ window appears in intensive blue. This effect is visible from both sides of the banknote. When you turn the note, the back shows a contrasting shape and size, created by laser to a design which is also spectacular and easy to authenticate. Minimum space, maximum impact!
- At-a-glance recognition and authentication for the public
- Highly secure with front-to-back design effects
- Extremely difficult to counterfeit due to technical complexity
- Also available with Hybrid ADDvance and all our other substrates
- Free choice of patch shapes, designs and colours
The patch is placed over a transparent window integrated in the banknote. This window – designed using Louisenthal’s LaserCut™ or Filigram® punching technology – is extremely secure. It also has a major benefit for customers in that it supports any design they choose, no matter how intricate. The varifeye ColourChange patch can include a range of features such as:
- Micromirroring for a vivid glistening effect on the surface of the image
- 3D-like impression option ideal for representing animals, portraits or buildings
- Intensive colour change when looking at and through the window
Explore our Hybrid ADDvance® Sample Notes
Our 360° view shows how you can combine design and security to tell your story effectively.