Assimilating appealing images and security features on a small banknote used to be a challenge for any designer. But not any longer. With varifeye ColourChange Patch technology, Louisenthal has devised a highly innovative and attractive solution. In direct light, the main motif shimmers in sophisticated gold, while in translucent light the LaserCut™ window appears in intensive blue. This effect is visible from both sides of the banknote. When you turn the note, the back shows a contrasting shape and size, created by laser to a design which is also spectacular and easy to authenticate. Minimum space, maximum impact!
- At-a-glance recognition and authentication for the public
- Highly secure with front-to-back design effects
- Extremely difficult to counterfeit due to technical complexity
- Also available with Hybrid ADDvance and all our other substrates
- Free choice of patch shapes, designs and colours
The patch is placed over a transparent window integrated in the banknote. This window – designed using Louisenthal’s LaserCut™ or Filigram® punching technology – is extremely secure. It also has a major benefit for customers in that it supports any design they choose, no matter how intricate. The varifeye ColourChange patch can include a range of features such as:
- Micromirroring for a vivid glistening effect on the surface of the image
- 3D-like impression option ideal for representing animals, portraits or buildings
- Intensive colour change when looking at and through the window
As the varifeye ColourChange Patch offers a range of flexible integration options, it is like a “Connected Banknote” especially in regard to:
Banknote security – the attractive and eye-catching design ensures instant verification, due to the sophisticated technology behind the multi-impact image from front to back
Banknote design – multiple options for cross-referencing an image across security features like the varifeye ColourChange patch, watermarks, foils and other elements; also, flexible choice of size, shape and placement of the patch
Banknote production – the feature surface is easy to print on and ensures print process integration, while the sheet pile remains stable and minimises the need for print process changes. Our specialists can advise you on this.